Sunday, January 3, 2016

A Visit to the Bath Fashion Museum

Happy New Year!!

For a moment, let's ignore that I have been seriously slacking when it comes to sewing, and let's take a little trip to Bath, England and visit the Fashion Museum and Assembly Rooms.

My husband and I recently got back from a seriously awesome trip to Europe, and I thought sharing some of the wonderful, historic locations we visited would get me back blogging. And hopefully sewing... Which has been hard, since 90% of my sewing room is packed up in storage. Sigh.

Anyway, off to Bath!




The fashion museum had a special Georgian exhibit on. Yay! 














I thought this was very cool: the room that displayed various 19th century and early edwardian fashions was also the storage room for the museum's collections. Keep scrolling and you will see archival boxes hiding behind the beautiful gowns. 










In the below picture, if I recall correctly, I believe the center outfit belonged to Queen Victoria. 















The Assembly Rooms were fantastic to walk through. Imagine them full of people and any number of Jane Austen's novels are brought to life.








Next up, let's take the waters at the Roman baths! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. How lovely! Looking forward to the next one!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete