Thursday, January 14, 2016

Versailles: The Palace and the Grand Trianon


Ah, Versailles. Can I even begin to illustrate the amount of people? I don't think I have ever been anywhere more crowded. These pictures don't do the crowd justice. Inside the palace especially, we were quite literally elbow to elbow. Worse, even. But once we stepped out into the gardens, it was so spacious and lovely. The Grand Trianon and Petit Trianon were a much better experience. They are a bit of a walk from the Palace, so most of the tour groups don't venture there. Much nicer! I mean, how can one mentally "travel back in time" when one is being poked with a selfie stick? Quite.






































Stay tuned for the Petit Trainon and the hamlet!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, how awful to have people poking you with selfie sticks! People should have more dignity and care. Thank you for the tour! When I visited Versailles I very much appreciated the gardens as well. :)

    Best,
    Quinn

    ReplyDelete