Sunday, January 17, 2016

The Wallace Collection



The Wallace Collection was definitely a highlight of this London trip, and I can't believe I have never heard of it before! 

The Collection is housed at Hertford House in Manchester Square, which is the former townhouse of the Seymour family, Marquesses of Hertford. It's a little off the beaten path, just north of Oxford St, but very a walkable distance from the shops. 

The house is beautiful and full of some very well known pieces of art. And... it's free to go in! 















































6 comments:

  1. OMG thank you for posting these pictures!!! I am so marking this on my list of places to visit when I finally get to come to the UK. I love that you're taking me along on your travels with all the photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paintings are fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing, it was a real pleasure to read this post and enjoy lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed them. It was a lovely place!

      Delete
  3. Wow! Thank you for sharing! You were able to see one of my favorites, "The Lovers" - 18th century swing painting! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very exciting seeing that one. I turned a corner, and poof! There it was. There were a lot of very famous works there. Very cool.

      Delete