Yeah! How delightful! I love such projects and it will be amazing to follow the progress over the months and maybe years. With all the shiny silver thread the re-creation must turn out spectacular.
Yes it is! I bought some in the past from Berlin Embroidery. That is what's in the picture. I just received some from India that I have yet to test out, but was far less expensive. I need a lot of it for this! I ordered that from Easy. The shop was called EmbroideryMaterial.
Thanks for the tip! I have been buying random spools on ebay but it's good to find somewhere I can buy in larger quantities. Good luck with the embroidering :)
Oh my goodness, that's quite the undertaking. I can't wait to hear more about this!
ReplyDeleteI'll keep posting as I go. If I have to share, I'll be accountable and have to make progress :)
DeleteYeah! How delightful! I love such projects and it will be amazing to follow the progress over the months and maybe years.
ReplyDeleteWith all the shiny silver thread the re-creation must turn out spectacular.
Sabine
Ooo I am so excited to start!
DeleteIs that metal tinsel? May I ask where you got it?!
ReplyDeleteYes it is! I bought some in the past from Berlin Embroidery. That is what's in the picture. I just received some from India that I have yet to test out, but was far less expensive. I need a lot of it for this! I ordered that from Easy. The shop was called EmbroideryMaterial.
DeleteThanks for the tip! I have been buying random spools on ebay but it's good to find somewhere I can buy in larger quantities. Good luck with the embroidering :)
Delete