Jumping back in to the blog, I'm catching up with a brief review of 2018.
The year started with a 1920's Robe de Style for New Year's Eve. Then I wore a remade, late 18th century dress for a Mozart birthday party. It was originally machine sewn, years ago. I took it all apart and remade it in a more period appropriate way.
In May, my husband and I went to Tombstone, Arizona, for Wyatt Earp days. I wore two, newly made, circa 1880 dresses.
In June, I wore a newly made Assiut dress, for a friend's 1920's themed birthday party.
August was costume college. The majority of my sewing this year was spent on recreating this dress, worn by Tsarina Aexandra Feodorovna.
In October, I wore this newly made dress on the Orient Express. It was a recreation of a 1930's Vionnet dress.
In December, we went to a repeal day party. I wore a dress I had on hand, but made a new little evening jacket for it.
And then I reword the Vionnet for New Year's Eve!
I feel like I'm missing some, but ah well, at least it gets me back blogging! Next up will be a 2019 review. Then, hopefully, I'll make an effort to get back to detailed posts of new (and possibly older) projects!











No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.