A trip to Pasadena is not complete without a trip to the Huntington. It's a really lovely property. A house and galleries with lots of Georgian art, among other eras, and acres of beautiful gardens to explore. Plenty of pictures ahead...
 |
| I just love libraries! Don't you? |

 |
Whenever I walk through old homes, I love to take in the little details, like these louvered shutters, tucked out of sight, in their little cabinets. So clever! |
 |
The Huntington has so many friendly faces - well, famous paintings we've all seen a million times! |
 |
I always love this painting of Lady Hamilton. What a hat! |
 |
| Such a lovely redingote! |
 |
| And Mrs. Richard Cosway... |
 |
| … with a miniature. Perhaps one of his? |
 |
The Huntington has many, many portrait miniatures. Some of them going back to the 1600's. |
 |
| I do believe this is Georgiana, Duchess of Devonshire. |
 |
| These next two ladies have excellent stomachers. |
 |
I love, love, love this outfit! This is definitely on my to do list! The painting is of Penelope Lee Acton, by George Romney (1791). |
 |
| Fabulous pleating! |
 |
And Miss Sarah Siddons as the Tragic Muse, by Sir Joshua Reynolds. |
 |
| I just love her shoes! |
 |
The sun was blazing! There was no escaping the glare… Beautiful day, though. |
 |
| … a little something pretty for your table… |
 |
What a great kerchief and hat. I love the ribbons on her hat. |
 |
| And some Sevres. |
 |
| This looks like a fun party :) |
 |
| I like the sleeve treatment. |
 |
| The sun was shining away in the Japanese garden. |
 |
| Foo dog wishes you a happy tuesday! |
Love love love the miniatures!! Every picture was more than pretty!! Everything is GORGEOUS!!!! Thank you for sharing and making Tuesday Pretty!!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Gina
Aren't the miniatures darling! If I could paint like that, I would paint one :)
DeleteWhat lovely clothes in all the paintings. And so many paintings! They're all beautiful! The interiors are lovely as well, of course, but not quite as exciting. :)
ReplyDeleteBest,
Quinn
I agree. I think it's more of a gallery now, than a preserved house. Most of the furniture is gone so it's just rooms with paintings.
Delete