Ah, sunnier, warmer times...
Last month (and forgive me for the major delay in posting) it was surprisingly warm for the Veterans' Day Parade. The Southern Nevada Living History Association walked in the parade. The men were soldiers from different eras and the ladies spanned a good 80 years.
I was the earliest, in my natural form dress (that still isn't finished). I've worn it twice now and it still has basting stitches. Haha oh well.
For the parade, I left my snazzy trained skirt at home, and instead wore an old black costumey skirt I bought ages ago. But only about a foot showed, so it worked out great. And I didn't bring a ton of asphalt and grease home with me :)
So why wear an unfinished dress with the wrong skirt, you ask? Well, an excuse to wear the bonnet of course!
I got a new bonnet recently, from Mrs. Parker's Mercantile, and I was super stoked to have an excuse to wear it :) Yay!
In other news, I did a lot of sewing in October and November. Unfortunately I didn't get great photos of any of it, so I haven't posted about it. I made up an 1860's paletot and hood, an "ermine" muff and a early 1900's petticoat. Oh! And I knit a sontag, which I love. So, hopefully soon I will have an excuse to wear them and I can get some good photos to share.
Next up... more regency bits for the Jane Austen Evening in Pasadena next month. Anyone else going?
I adore it!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteThe entire combination looks great!
ReplyDeleteLaurie
Thanks so much!
DeleteI love how narrow your NFE dress is!! Very hobble-y!! Most wonderful!!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Gina
Thank you! I tried to make it as slim as possible, but it opens at the back, at the knee, so you can walk freely. I'll have to take pictures of the back. It looks awesome with a train flowing out!
DeleteI am sure it looks fabulous from the back!! That us one of the things I love about the nfe dresses! Too fun!!!
DeleteMore photos, please! :) I adore the silhouette!
ReplyDeleteThank you! Someday I will have a good photo in this dress. When I have worn it, I have forgotten to take pictures!
DeleteWhile not necessarily a big fan of period pieces, this one impresses me. You've done a great job with the details. I showed it to my wife and sister-in-law, both home-seamstresses and they asked me if you used an original design or found something on the Internet. I stared at them like they were aliens for a real long time.
ReplyDeleteBrad Post @ Jan Dils
My name is Tom cam!!! i am very grateful sharing this great testimonies with you all, The best thing that has ever happened in my life, is how i worn the Powerball lottery. I do believe that someday i will win the Powerball lottery. finally my dreams came through when i contacted Dr. OSE and tell him i needed the lottery winning special numbers cause i have come a long way spending money on ticket just to make sure i win. But i never knew that winning was so easy with the help of Dr. OSE, until the day i meant the spell caster testimony online, which a lot of people has talked about that he is very powerful and has great powers in casting lottery spell, so i decided to give it a try. I emailed Dr. OSE and he did a spell and gave me the winning lottery special numbers 62, and co-incidentally I have be playing this same number for the past 23years without any winning, But believe me when I play the special number 62 this time and the draws were out i was the mega winner because the special 62 matched all five white-ball numbers as well as the Powerball, in the April 4 drawing to win the $70 million jackpot prize...… Dr. OSE, truly you are the best, with Dr. OSE you can will millions of money through lottery. i am a living testimony and so very happy i meant him, and i will forever be grateful to him...… you can Email him for your own winning special lottery numbers now oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com OR WHATSAPP him +2348136482342
ReplyDelete