So while I was browsing online, looking for pictures of mantles and capelets I came across a cute website called Ann Lauren. Pretty things. And while I was looking at her site, I came across this 18th century print I have never seen before...
But ooooo the tart stole my fan! Borrowed it without even asking. Well, I'll have to steal her hat and get even. I do like it very much...

But really, the resemblance is awfully close. Like waaayyy close. Kind of neat, as I didn't copy any particular fan when I made the yellow one. Kind of spooky...
But in other news, I finished the main part of the black hat today and then started on a little capelet. No pictures yet, unfortunately, but it's pale yellow and blue silk dupioni. I made it reversable. Cheater cheater. It's not a real 18th century example, but I have always loved this little one. It's from a costume rental place, but isn't it charming!
![]() |
| OSF Costume Rentals |
I haven't *yet* seen any originals that look like this one, but I have always thought it was very cute. I will be posting pictures and notes on research soon... Sorry for the quickie.


Thief, thief! Call the constable!
ReplyDeleteI recognize this fan...didn't you have that at the Costume Symposium in Alexandria?
ReplyDelete