So recently I've been pretty busy, but I did have time to set in the sleeves of the little pierrot and start finishing up the front closure. I also made a false rump, which would have been worn with this style, instead of hoops, which were starting to go out of vogue by the 1790's.
 |
| The sleeves are set in. |
 |
| I've snipped the back, which was pointy from the pattern, to allow for the peplum. |
 |
Using a running stitch, I've created boning channels down each side of the center front.
This creates a much cleaner looking front, that won't wrinkle and pull at the waist. |
I also made a false rump from a
Wingeo pattern. It was verrrrrry easy and it went together - hand sewn, in probably less than two hours. Highly recommended. Only thing I can say is, it only comes in one size, so if you are a bigger person, I'd recommend enlarging the pattern so the rump gives enough poof. For the fabric, I used the same white linen I had on hand from the lining of the pierrot. I've stuffed mine with fiberfill, whereas the false rumps of the period were originally made of cork.
 |
| The main rump piece pre-stuffing. |
 |
| Stuffed, and tacked on my dress form with pins. |
 |
| All finished, with the waist band channel and twill tape run through it. |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.