Saturday, October 8, 2011

New swag...


Check out this beautiful find! I was at Bloomingdales and I saw this in the bedding section. It's Lauren by Ralph Lauren, from the Saint Honore collection. I bought two shams. The fabric is 100% cotton and it has a beautiful, very french, 18th century-esque, tambour worked quilting. And it's the prettiest shade of dove grey! I want to get the blanket too - petticoat! - but maybe another day. I think I'll use this to make a muff in the mean time. There might be enough for a stomacher as well, which would be great if I end up getting the blanket, too, for the petticoat.

In other news, my American Duchess shoes came today! I'm so excited to decorate a pair! They are really nicely made and fit great. I also got a sleeveless chemise from By the Sword. I needed one for halloween - sheer sleeves on my dress - and I didn't think I'd have a chance to make my own. This one is a nice cotton muslin. It's way too long (it's supposed to be 14th century) so I'll have to shorten it, but that's far quicker than making a whole new one.


3 comments:

  1. How ingenious of you! You never know where you might find some great supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I try to keep a lookout for things that inspire me and can possibly have a costuming use. You would be amazed how many things you can find at the mall and target. I recently found a really cute necklace/pendant watch at Forever 21 that I took off the chain and it was perfect or my chatelaine. I'll post some news about that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It simply protects your repair and makes it more durable. To restore moisture after a repair we recommend using leather conditioner 48 hours after applying sealant.
    For more information kindly visit:- Leather Sealant

    ReplyDelete