Sunday, June 3, 2012

Who loves Gone with the Wind? Me!


So I'm sitting on the couch with an ice pack on my stiff neck (don't know what the heck I did to it...) and I'm watching Gone with the Wind. I love this movie. I love love love it. When I was a little kid I would put on every skirt I had (so it would puff out) and walk around the house pretending I had a dress like Scarlett.

Apparently not much has changed. 

But anyways, I found out something very cool today. You can buy reproduction green sprigged fabric for the famous BBQ dress. A company called Pegee of Williamsburg sells it and you can buy a bolt of 18 yards for about six hundred dollars. If you go to their website, click "order/contact" and scroll down.

OMG! This has 1176 button holes!?

The Costumer's Guide to Movie Costumes has great information on replicating the dress as it is in the movie. Apparently the bodice has 25 yards of ruffles and 1176 button holes that the velvet ribbons lace through! It also hooks closed at the front, which I never would have guessed. It's very hidden.

And some more of the fabulous costumes from the movie:
(Images via fanpop)


























And a peek inside Scarlett's closet...



Happy Sunday all!

3 comments:

  1. This is my favorite movie of all time! Thanks for all the pictures. Isn't that barbecue dress amazing??? And isn't it marvelous that, in theory, you could replicate it??? Eee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg yes!!! The thought that this dress is within reach is beyond amazing :)

    ... Though all those ruffles... Ugh I hate gathering :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it too! That and North and South should have a skirt-off.

    ReplyDelete