Sunday, June 17, 2012

Burnley and Trowbridge Workshop in November

Photo by Tom Green

I'm so excited! I just signed up for "Mantua Making; Cutting to the Person." It is part of Burnley and Trowbridge's fall workshop series and goes from November 2nd through the 4th.

The workshop will cover constructing a fitted back gown by draping it to the body.

I never thought I would be going to a sewing workshop like this, since I live so far (Nevada), but I finally said what the hell and signed up. I am very much looking forward to it. Is anyone else going?

9 comments:

  1. So wish I could. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will be a great class!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very excited! Will you be attending?

      Delete
    2. Yes! I will be attending!
      Laurie

      Delete
    3. Oo fun! If you haven't got a fitting partner already I would be happy to buddy up :)

      Delete
    4. Oh, okay!! I'm looking forward to meeting you!
      Laurie
      lahbluebonnet@gmail.com

      Delete
  4. I just learned that I made it into the workshop -- I have been on the waiting list since the first day B&T announced the 2012 dates. I am trying to decide which of three fabrics to use: a changeable linen (sea-green in the warp, soft copper in the weft) , a cotton striped indigo, saffron and black (I have fly-fringe to match), and a fancy glazed cotton.

    Where are you ladies planning to stay?

    This is so exciting!

    Lynn

    ltitle2003@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynn! Wow your fabrics sound beautiful! I have never seen changeable linen. The saffron and black sounds so pretty too! I'm debating between a dark or a light blue taffeta right now.

      And yay about getting into the workshop! Exciting! I'm staying at the Williamsburg Lodge, but I think some of the ladies are staying at the Governors Inn as well as the Residence Inn and Springhill Suites. I'm sure all the hotels are in close proximity.

      My email is dressedintime@yahoo.com, if you want to share fabric pics or have any questions etc.

      See you soon!

      Delete