Sunday, August 11, 2013

Accessories and court gowns. Join along!

After a too long summer with no time in my sewing room, a day at Costume College lit a fire under my bustle and now I'm all inspired to make pretty things. Yay!

I'm joining along with, and wanted to share, two great new things to participate in. First, the accessories challenge put on by Trystan's Costume Closet. An accessory a month, starting with headware. I always need more accessories, so this is perfect motivation.


Second, Demode Couture has proposed fabulous court gowns for the gala at Costume College next year. Awesome! Even if you can't make it to Costume College, everyone is still welcome to particpate online. What a great excuse to make and wear those fabulous gowns that we drool over! There are already quite a few talented ladies participating and I can't wait to see all the gorgeous things that will be created.


I'm really excited about having an reason to make this gown I have been oohing and ahhing over for years. It's not a fabulous french robe de cour. It's British, and late century, and so somewhat simple in comparison, but I just love love love it!

Court gown. Silk and silver.
Colonial Williamsburg
Acc. No. 1953-849,1

So head on over to their pages and find out more. Join along! It'll be fun :)

1 comment: