Sunday, August 11, 2013

Accessories and court gowns. Join along!

After a too long summer with no time in my sewing room, a day at Costume College lit a fire under my bustle and now I'm all inspired to make pretty things. Yay!

I'm joining along with, and wanted to share, two great new things to participate in. First, the accessories challenge put on by Trystan's Costume Closet. An accessory a month, starting with headware. I always need more accessories, so this is perfect motivation.


Second, Demode Couture has proposed fabulous court gowns for the gala at Costume College next year. Awesome! Even if you can't make it to Costume College, everyone is still welcome to particpate online. What a great excuse to make and wear those fabulous gowns that we drool over! There are already quite a few talented ladies participating and I can't wait to see all the gorgeous things that will be created.


I'm really excited about having an reason to make this gown I have been oohing and ahhing over for years. It's not a fabulous french robe de cour. It's British, and late century, and so somewhat simple in comparison, but I just love love love it!

Court gown. Silk and silver.
Colonial Williamsburg
Acc. No. 1953-849,1

So head on over to their pages and find out more. Join along! It'll be fun :)

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see all the gorgeous things that will be created. bridesmaid dresses nyc

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Tom cam!!! i am very grateful sharing this great testimonies with you all, The best thing that has ever happened in my life, is how i worn the Powerball lottery. I do believe that someday i will win the Powerball lottery. finally my dreams came through when i contacted Dr. OSE and tell him i needed the lottery winning special numbers cause i have come a long way spending money on ticket just to make sure i win. But i never knew that winning was so easy with the help of Dr. OSE, until the day i meant the spell caster testimony online, which a lot of people has talked about that he is very powerful and has great powers in casting lottery spell, so i decided to give it a try. I emailed Dr. OSE and he did a spell and gave me the winning lottery special numbers 62, and co-incidentally I have be playing this same number for the past 23years without any winning, But believe me when I play the special number 62 this time and the draws were out i was the mega winner because the special 62 matched all five white-ball numbers as well as the Powerball, in the April 4 drawing to win the $70 million jackpot prize...… Dr. OSE, truly you are the best, with Dr. OSE you can will millions of money through lottery. i am a living testimony and so very happy i meant him, and i will forever be grateful to him...… you can Email him for your own winning special lottery numbers now oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com OR WHATSAPP him +2348136482342

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.