An oldie, but a goodie. I found these photos from last October that I never shared. Sorry for the weird cropping, but I didn't know if any of the other girls in the photo wanted to be shown. It was a "vintage" outing.
I found the great 1930's knit sweater and skirt on Etsy. It's a little teeny bit short on me, but I think the look was there. I was especially inspired by the above photo from the Library of Congress.
The hat is linen. I bought it a couple of years ago from Lock and Co. in London. It has a little brim, but I tucked it under and I think it captured the look I was going for. I had a bit of a wave going on with my hair, but the hat hides it.
The scarf is modern, too. I pilfered it from my husband's drawer of pocket squares. The purse is vintage Whiting and Davis and the watch is vintage Lady Elgin. The gloves are vintage from I don't know where. The shoes I found at Topshop a while back. They were the last pair and I knew someday they would be perfect for something! The undies and seamed stockings are "faux vintage" from What Katie Did.
![]() |
| Whiting and Davis "Beadlite" |
![]() |
| Vintage 1920's Lady Elgin watch |
Vintage is fun, but I never get as excited about it as when I get to wear some amazing outfit I've sewn. For me, the sewing and creating trumps the buying and wearing. But hey, it's quick and it's easier to maneuver than a hoop...




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.