Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A vintage day out in 1930's knits.


An oldie, but a goodie. I found these photos from last October that I never shared. Sorry for the weird cropping, but I didn't know if any of the other girls in the photo wanted to be shown. It was a "vintage" outing.

I found the great 1930's knit sweater and skirt on Etsy. It's a little teeny bit short on me, but I think the look was there. I was especially inspired by the above photo from the Library of Congress. 


The hat is linen. I bought it a couple of years ago from Lock and Co. in London. It has a little brim, but I tucked it under and I think it captured the look I was going for. I had a bit of a wave going on with my hair, but the hat hides it. 

The scarf is modern, too. I pilfered it from my husband's drawer of pocket squares. The purse is vintage Whiting and Davis and the watch is vintage Lady Elgin. The gloves are vintage from I don't know where. The shoes I found at Topshop a while back. They were the last pair and I knew someday they would be perfect for something! The undies and seamed stockings are "faux vintage" from What Katie Did

Whiting and Davis "Beadlite"

Vintage 1920's Lady Elgin watch

Vintage is fun, but I never get as excited about it as when I get to wear some amazing outfit I've sewn. For me, the sewing and creating trumps the buying and wearing. But hey, it's quick and it's easier to maneuver than a hoop...

1 comment: