Saturday, February 11, 2012

A 1920's Wrist Watch


I wish this watch photographed better. It absolutely twinkles! 

This watch is a Lady Elgin from the 20's. My husband bought it for me and as of yet I haven't had a chance to wear it. But I am excited to!


The watch is white gold set with a few diamonds here and there. The strap is the original black cord. It latches at the ends and has a little chain that attaches as well in case the latch unclasps. Truly dainty!

Elgin Watch Ad (1926). American Artchives.

From The Saturday Evening Post.

Designer collaboration with Callot Soeurs.

4 comments:

  1. i found this same watch in some of my fathers old belongings. do you know what the approximate value of this watch is???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chad. Unfortunately I don't have an estimate on what the watch is worth. For a ballpark, you might check "Lady Elgin" vintage watches on eBay and do some browsing, or for a more accurate appraisal, I would contact a professional appraiser or even a jeweler. I wish I could be of more help. Good luck!

      Caroline

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice article. Beautiful watches.

    ReplyDelete