Friday, January 11, 2013

One Lovely Blog Award


Before I left on my trip, Susan Ardelie of Life Takes Lemons, was lovely enough to grant me the One Lovely Blog Award! Thank you, Susan!!

I'm ashamed to say, with the busy holidays and then going away, it's taken me this long to pass it on.

Check out her post about her award here. She has some beautiful photos posted, and also links to other blogs she nominated. All very cool and interesting!

So, on to the award goodies...

1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Add the ‘One Lovely Blog Award’ image to your post.
3. Share seven things about you. 
4. Pass the award on to seven nominees. 
5. Include this set of rules.  
6. Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs. 

I just love how Susan posted seven pictures, instead of just things about the blogger, so I am going to do similar: seven things about me, illustrated, and for difference, how about not regarding costuming?... Cheers!


1. I could live off of pizza and wine. I love a good, chewy, neapolitan pizza and I am currently working my way though every bottle of sauvingon blanc on the planet. It's my favorite. Yummiest one I have found: Firefinch from South Africa. Super fruity!




2. I have this thing about taking photos of windows and mirrors -- in historic places, I mean. I always think it is the coolest thing to think of all the people who looked out them (windows, obviously) or were reflected through them (mirrors). Below, was a view King Ludwig has seen (I do believe it was at Neuschwanstein). Much unchanged, I'm sure. And perhaps Sisi, in one of her gorgeous gowns took a look, too.


3. I love being outdoors. Though I love fabulous shoes and shopping and dressing up, I much prefer a dirt road.




4. I love scarves. Love them. I don't feel dressed without one. 


5. Secret: I am terrified on top of a horse. Especially my own horse. Every time I get on, my heart actually pounds. Like, it's ridiculous. However, I press on anyway and I did my first show ever this year and we won! We got all kinds of ribbons and division champion! Yay!




6. I dive. Not as often as I would like, but I love it. I have always been enthralled with the idea that you don't have to come up for air. The prettiest place I have been was in Greece. Clear blue, colorful coral, schools of sparkling fish and huge clams. Obviously not where I am in this picture.


7. Pretty much my favorite thing to do on vacation is visit pretty homes. Palaces, castles, whatever. My husband is such a trouper about it, too. I love him! But I hate, haaaattttteeeee, when the person behind you (and it's always the person right behind you) is going on about, "wow, I wouldn't want to have to dust this place." Hello, if you lived there, you would not be the one dusting, thanks.



And now on to the blogs I would like to pass this award on to. Since it's the lovely blog award, I'm choosing seven blogs that I think have beautiful photos to look at. Alphabetically...

1. An Historical Lady - You can always count on lots of beautiful photos from her blog. Big ones. And the historic settings are so enviable! My house does not allow for good costume photos :(

2. American Duchess - I love her photo shoots. The Indienne dress among with the autumn leaves - fab!

3. Before the Automobile - I think we can all agree the way her costumes are presented in photos is absolutely stunning. I always look forward to a new post. My favorite: this natural form dress photographed with a backdrop of snow. So beautiful!

4. Diary of a Mantua Maker - Her costumes are always photographed in a lovely way. The latest one, the Silvery Moon one, had such atmosphere! Love it.

5. Festyve Attyre - Lots of beautiful photos in her posts. I think my favorite is the original "curtain along" dress, or "Dutch Print Madness." The one under the arbor: spot on.

6. The Couture Cortesan - Lovely dresses, often photographed out somewhere pretty. I must start finding more events to go to for photo ops! 

7. The Quintessential Clothes Pen - New posts often share beautiful dresses at some fabulous event. I wish we had places to go like that where I live!

And lastly, my hat is tipped to all the friends, moms, husbands, and fellow costumers who take the photos of us, so that we may have beautiful pictures of us in our work to share on our blogs!

Have a lovely weekend all!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for pointing out these 7 lovely blogs, Caroline! I'm honored that mine made the list! It does help that New England has lots of lovely old mansions and halls to take the pictures in. And you are so right to also thank all the people who take the pictures for us! I think my thank you post will probably be very similar to yours... :)

    Best,
    Quinn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I can't wait to go to New England some day. Newport... pretty...

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! I am so honored to be included with all of these amazing blogs. And it was so cool to learn more about you and see your photos too. Thank-you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much!!!! i am so, so honored, especially since i really admire your costumes and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww why thank you! You make such lovely things, that's quite a compliment coming from you!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on you award! It was well deserved! :)

    Thank you very much for including me!

    ReplyDelete