Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Candy Corn Anyone?


So as I'm bargello-ing away today, thinking how fast this is all coming and how great it's going to be, it hits me: all I can see is candy corn.


So I stopped off at Michael's and picked up more floss, in a whole rainbow of colors. Now I have a new plan... and no more candy corn. Let's save that for halloween.

From left to right: yellows in 742, 725 and 445. Pinks in
335, 776 and 818. Greens in 319, 367 and 368. Blues in 336, 798
and 932. Then the yellows repeat. The cream color in between each is 746. All DMC.


I think the new colors are more authentic, too, because the more I look, the more I see bright, contrasting color schemes in the original wallets. For example:

Man's Wallet, 1770

Z and K Antiques

So now I've started a little of the next color up the side and I'm liking it much, much better. I probably would have gone crazy looking at only yellow.

Looking better already :)

1 comment:

  1. You're not only talented; you're funny, too!

    ReplyDelete