Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Independence Day Parade


Happy Independence Day all! I hope everyone has some yummy barbecues and parties to look forward to. And fireworks! Gosh, I love fireworks. 

I'm planning on relaxing the rest of the day because I was up early this morning getting into my 1776 best. Well maybe not my best, but I thought this chintz was red, white, blue and very appropriate.  

I walked with the Southern Nevada Living History Association in a "timeline," ranging from Ancient Rome to WWII. Marina, from Enlightened Age, and I represented the 18th century.

My dress is pulled up through the pockets, to keep it
off the ground. This way of rucking up the robe is called
"retrousse dans les poches," and is not to be confused
with "a la polonaise," which uses tapes.





My red American Duchess Kensingtons. I totally love them. So comfy!




And after the parade was over we popped over to the park and took some cute pictures. I'll have to take better pictures of my accessories and show them in detail. Maybe tomorrow...









18 comments:

  1. !!! You are both so perfectly dressed! WOW! I love your polonaise gown, hat, the whole thing, hair, omg! And yay to repping the Great State of Nevada :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops, retrousse dans le poches! sorry!

      Delete
    2. Thanks a million! It was so fun to find out about the living history association recently. Their timeline events are great, since there isn't too much call for 18th century in Nevada, as you well know lol.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! Both dresses are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable dress! And nicely accessorized too. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a wonderful time! Enjoyed every minute, and looking forward to another leap back into history! Thanks for asking me along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the outfits, LOVE the picture hat even more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you both look really lovely !
    i espacially like the hats you both are wearing.
    perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely goooorgeous dresses, wow. You both look picture-perfect! I adore seeing well-dressed ladies, I think it's the best inspiration booster for costuming :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, ladies! I so appreciate the compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both your dresses are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So Lovely, so pulled together fr head to toe, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you going to Costume College?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! Drop me an email so I can send your contact info to the NV girls. My email is my username at gmail.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really beautiful! I love your apron and your hat. You both look great and your park pictures are suitably serene and lovely.

    Best, Quinn

    ReplyDelete