She doesn't look very exciting now, but it's a good start... See below.
So far I have most of the bodice done. The false stomacher and upper sleeves are three layers: black cotton for lining (what I had on hand), black dupioni and the sequined lace, flatlined on top. The lower sleeves are the mesh from the skull t-shirt. I cut them out at the shoulder and machine zig-zag stitched them to each armscye. I used the zig-zag so the mesh has a little give. I'm machine stitching a lot of this one... Quick quick quick!
As for changes to the JP Ryan pattern, I squared off the neckline and monkeyed a bit with the front so I could flatline the lace. I basically just cut up the pattern pieces in a upside down triangular shape and then added a seam allowance where they would rejoin. For the upper sleeves I shortened the JP Ryan sleeve and took in the width of it so it would be more form fitting.
So far the bottom edge is left undone. I have the tulle skirt to attach, but first I want to add more layers of tulle. Only two looks kind of bleh. I'm working on the black dupioni petticoat, too. So now I'm just waiting for the rest of my trim and lacy bits to come in the mail.
At first I thought the sequins were wayyyyyy too bright, but after working with the real silver spangles on the garters, I decided that metal trim on an original gown would have been shiny to start, too, not tarnished like we are used to seeing hundreds of years later (not as shiny as plastic, obviously, which is what a lot of modern metal trim is made of, unfortunately). Take the gown below, for example. When we look at it today, the metal lace trim looks very dark, but when it was new it would have sparkled, especially in candle light... LOVE this dress!
A little something interesting from the Williamsburg emusem website: