Monday, September 19, 2011

I want to be her! ...for Halloween


Yesterday talk of Halloween parties came up and I was like, eh, uh, hmm... I don't know what I want to be. And you would think, with all the pictures of costumes I see on a daily basis I would know one right off. So I started browsing and when I saw this pic I was like DONE! I think it's fabulous for halloween. Just poofy and sparkly and wonderful enough! 

Here are some close ups of the costume from the movie:






And I started planning...



So I started getting all my stuff together for it. I ordered some black silk dupioni from fashion fabrics club, then some gorgeous sequined french lace fabric from thunderlily.com to flatline to the bodice and sleeves. The black tulle for the skirt, I found at fabricdirect.com. Great deal: a 50 yard bolt for 32.50.


For the sleeves I was going to get some black organza, but then I got creative (halloween costume hello! Not museum replica...) and started googling "black mesh longsleeve." Oh jeez the things that came up! I found a good top at dysfunctionaldoll.com. I'm going to cut off the sleeves, shorten them, add lace and sequins and they will be perfect, easy, and quick! And better fitting than the organza. I started browsing the website and also found some lacy black stockings I can add to the costume. I thought they were a little more fun than plain ol' white :) But you know what that means... new garters too! So I got some black silk satin ribbon from MJ Trimming for those. I'll have to come up with some pretty embroidery now.





The earrings Kristin Dunst wore in the movie are by Fred Leighton (top). I found some similar chandelier earrings online at Macy's (below).  



And now I can't wait for everything else to come so I can start! Yay! In the mean time I'll have to get back to the chintz anglaise and finish it up. Almost done. As soon as I finish the petticoat I get to start on the fun part... trimming!






No comments:

Post a Comment