Friday, September 16, 2011

Lucy Locket lost her pocket...



England, 1700-1725, V&A

Lucy Locket lost her pocket,
Kitty Fisher found it;
Not a penny was there in it,
Only ribbon round it.


- English Nursery Rhyme

Since I've been so into accessories lately I thought I'd take a shot at pockets. But I was feeling lazy so I thought I'd come up with a quickie way to make something pretty. 

For quite a while I've had a plain linen pair or pockets I purchased from Jas. Townsend. I have also had some Crayola fabric markers I wanted to try out...



I decided to use only one pocket and save the other for another project later one.  I used the dark green, dark blue, light blue and red. The design I chose was inspired by the pockets from the Victoria and Albert at the top of this post. After you draw on the design, you pop it in the dryer, on high, for 30 minutes and you're done! 




With the Crayola box I was pretty limited on colors, so I ordered some Uchida fabric markers so I can experiment some more with decorating fabric this way. It's not the best way to embellish historical costumes, but it's another tool you can use. 



No comments:

Post a Comment