Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Next up. Brainstorming outfits for 4th of July.

On Independance day, there is a parade that I will be walking in, and I plan on wearing 1770's. Appropriate, I think :)

I'm in the planning stages right now. I'm going back and forth between a little red, white and blue. Cheesy, I know, but I think I can have fun with it. Last year I wore a chintz gown with a good amount of red, white and blue in it. Not overtly American Flag, but just enough for kicks and a wink or two.

More patriotic chintz action here.

I'm also going back and forth between a whole dress and skirt and jacket combo. I have a light blue petticoat already, and I have some navy linen I can knock a jacket out of. Maybe add a little red in a sash or kercheif... Maybe not...

Light blue stuff petticoat shown with darker blue linen.

I'm also really loving this 1770's jacket. And I found the perfect fabric! Not at all red, white and blue, but I'm kind of drooling. I LOVE the jacket. I picture it with an ankle length skirt of the same fabric, with a wide band of trim at the hem.

From puresilks.us.

I also have a good amount of peach linen thats been asking to become an anglaise...
Peach linen from Fashion Fabrics Club

Ah, ideas... Any opinions?

Oh, and does anyone know of any original linen jackets/dresses with self fabric trim? I feel like I haven't seen this. Just curious.

Cheers all!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there - gorgeous chintz! How to top that???
    I found this jacket in the online Met collection and in the notes it said that its skirt would have been embellished with self ruffles: http://www.metmuseum.org/Collections/search-the-collections/80001726?rpp=20&pg=1&ao=on&ft=women+linen+jacket+image&when=A.D.+1600-1800&pos=6

    Hope it's not too late,
    Nancy N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for the link!

      Caroline

      Delete