Thursday, May 30, 2013

New mitts for me!


This week I whipped up some cute new 18th century mitts. 

I am so in love with these, from the Victoria and Albert, so I chose to make mine similar. I just love that little flash of color from the chintz.




My mitts are made of white linen, with the flaps lined with chintz left over from a gown. I always save my leftover bits. Even the tiniest pieces can come in handy. The mitts are stitched with linen thread and the herringbone stitch, or faggoting, is done in cotton floss.





Now, for an outfit to wear them with... Must get to stitching soon...

6 comments:

  1. Super cute. Lovely stitching, too.

    Best,
    Quinn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, these are so adorable! I love them! I wish I had some. I too love the pop of color. I save every little scrap of everything! I thought I was the only one who did that.
    Wish I had your sewing talent~
    Mary
    http://anhistoricallady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo I know this is wayyyy delayed, but thank you! Oh gosh yes, I save every scrap. They come in so handy!

      Delete