Wednesday, August 9, 2017

"We get so awfully dirty..."


In my last post I mentioned a postcard, from my husband's collection, where the sender remarks on being dirty all the time. It's one of my favorite of his, so I had to go find it and share. The postcard was postmarked from Blue Canyon (NV?) to Aurora, IL on March 18, 1911. 

Sat. A.M.

Dear Aunt Grace, - I didn't say goodbye to you Tues. night. It came to me as soon as the train started. Everything is fine here and the scenery is beautiful. We get so awfully dirty, but then everyone does lovingly, Grace


I never paid attention before, but I flipped the postcard over, and what a happy coincidence: our building is right on the front! It's the three story, brown and white building, second from the left.


Now I'm off to do more laundry and get the dirt stains out of that skirt! 

No comments:

Post a Comment