Saturday, July 5, 2014

The Little Black Spencer


The last project I finished, in 2013, was this little black spencer. I have finally had a chance to wear it and take pictures. I originally made it for a tea, back in January, which I didn't end up going to.

Yesterday, I walked in a Parade, with our local history group, for Independence day. The outfit had absolutely nothing to do with the fourth of July, but then again, we had Romans walking with us too, so who cares!? Just an excuse to wear something new!


I paired the jacket with my gown I made for the Halloween ball last year, a fichu to keep the sun off, kid gloves, American Duchess boots, and a black velour hat and scalloped, pink silk purse, which I had also made for the tea. I was pretty much going for this fashion plate


The parade stepped off at 8:30 and it was already sweltering! Though, I must admit, a velvet bonnet and a black wool jacket were probably not the most ideal choices... Ah well, the rest of me was cool. So, for the weather, I also carried a parasol and fan, which helped. Majorly. And since we were walking down the street, I pinned up my very white dress, so it wouldn't get a very black hem. 

One of these days, I'll have to get around to making a shorter dress from this era. But, I must say, the long, frivolous ones are just so much fun.


I hope everyone else had a lovely holiday. Cheers to a fun rest of the weekend, all!

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhh!!! It's absolutely gorgeous! And I totally *squeed* when I saw the wedgie shot! It's perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeee! Hahaha you cannot regency without the wedgies! Thanks a bunch!

      Delete
  2. You look lovely! The pix turned out great! The middle one is "painting" worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! You gave the plate justice. Great job.

    ReplyDelete