Monday, July 21, 2014

Quarter back progress, new stays and a new horsey!

Lately, instead of new, shiny, exciting projects, I've been trying to be good and get some things done that I've been meaning to do for a while. 


First, I've been reworking my old chintz gown. I've been reusing the patterned fabric pieces, re-lining with linen (had been cotton), re-shaping for fit and style, and sewing them together in a more period appropriate way.


It still has a long way to go, but I've been avoiding actually putting on stays to try it on and finish it up. I have literally done everything else I could do except try on the darn thing to finish it. Maybe today... I've been lazy.

Speaking of stays, I've started on a new, better-fitting pair. The last pair I made, I love, but they're just too short on me. I did love the yellow linen, though. These will be light blue wool. I traced the pattern from my old stays, adjusting as I went, for a better fit across the bust. Hopefully they will be better. 

So far, over the years, I have made five pairs and bought one, too. Never been completely happy with any of them. Maybe this time!!


And my biggest, most fun news this month... I got a new horse! I just had to share, I'm so excited.




4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is looking gorgeous, and I love your new stays. Handsome new horse, too! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beauty girl and beauty pony! It's great to see this posting. I always loved that chintz. Reminds me of Williamsburg and happy times. Good luck on the revamping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty chintz! I love colorful patterns like that.

    ReplyDelete