Sunday, February 8, 2015

Sometimes the sewing gods smile upon you...

With the Jane Austen ball outfit behind me, I thought I would start my next project: a 1905-ish ensemble, in the spirit of the historical building my husband and I purchased last year. I found a period photograph from the town, showing ladies dressed for day, and I've been planning to copy one of the outfits.

As per usual, I thought I'd start from the inside out. I went into the stash, to look for fabric for a petticoat, but I didn't have any. I was about to go to the store, but thought I should check the petticoats I have first, just to see if anything would work.

Major face palm!

At some point last year, I already made the petticoat! How I forgot, I have no idea, but here it is!



The skirt I'm planning is fairly narrow, so I'll have to see if it needs a second petticoat, or if the chemise and drawers will add enough heft under there.

Yay! One down. Now on to the rest of the outfit.

1 comment:

  1. The back view of your petti just explained so much for me. I am making a full ourfit using this book, but could not vision to myself how the bavk of the petti was supposed to be assembled. You just solved that.

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/054882486X?ie=UTF8&tag=theultimatlearna&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=054882486X

    Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete