Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Sewing on the horizon!

Red and black print cotton from Fabric.com.

In the past months, I have been so busy with other things, sewing has had to take a place on the back burner. I haven't finished anything new since February. Yikes.

But not for much longer!

I have been inspired by some fabric and a painting by Tissot and, hopefully, as soon as the materials arrive in the mail, I will get to stitching.

La soeur ainée,  James Tissot

(P.s. I'm posting about this so hopefully I feel like I will have to finish it...)

I'm not usually a fan of red and black... I really surprised myself when I chose this to work on. Sometimes the uglier the fabric, the more I end up in love with it. I'm clueless as to why.

And in other news, today I got a chance to work on my riding bloomers. Yay! Hopefully I can finish them by the end of the week. Fingers crossed!


Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see you up and running again. Love all your posts. great and inspiring way to start my day!
    I like that painting! Tissot?! I haven't heard of the artist before. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look up some of his paintings. Gorgeous! And great attention to detail with the clothing in them.

      Delete
  2. I actually like the fabric! I can't wait to see it come together, Tissot is wonderful for costumes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of fell in love with it :)

      And Tissot paintings are so drool worthy!

      Delete